Beauty, fashion, lifestyle & food.

Sarah. 25. Southampton.


Wednesday 22 May 2013

Malteaser fridge cake!

I absolutely LOVE chocolate and I really don't think I'd ever be able to give it up! It's quite terrible really because whenever I see a selection of cakes I will always pick the chocolate kind! Even flicking through my recipe books I'll hunt out the chocolate ones! But I figure if you're going do something wrong then you might as well do it right! So when I saw this recipe by Lorraine Pascale and it's simplicity I had to give it go. So behold...

The Malteaser Fridge Cake!



Now when I mentioned the simplicity of this....I really mean it! Given my 'if at first you don't suceed try and try again' attitude slowly going out the window with every diasterous cake I pull out of the oven, I was extremely happy to see that the FRIDGE does all the work here!

So here is what you need...




Brownie tin
Banking paper
125g butter
400g plain or milk chocolate (I used milk chocolate)

2 tbsp of golden syrup
250g crushed digestive biscuit (crush them to small pieces)
135g maltesers

METHOD:
  • Line the tin with baking paper
  • Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat
  • Add the chocolate and golden syrup and melt whilst stirring
  • Take the pan off the heat and add the malteasers and crushed biscuits
  • Put the mixture in the tin and flatten the top with a spatula
  • Cover and put in the fridge for a few hours to allow it to set
  • Once set, cut into even pieces

Easy Peasy and so delicious.

Enjoy!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those look absolutely delicious! How many calories is in one of those (If I even want to know...haha!)

    --Kelsey--from http://thatonechickaofb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea and I think it's best not to think about it lol! Xxx

    ReplyDelete