Beauty, fashion, lifestyle & food.

Sarah. 25. Southampton.


Wednesday 29 May 2013

Recycled glass jars

I don't know where my recent fascination with glass jars has come from but I am absolutely loving using them for all sorts of purposes!

As I live in a rented flat, there is very little I can do decorating wise so I'm really pleased I have found a pretty way to store things. Girly and practical!

My boyfriend Paul and I went to a car boot sale last year to sell ALOT of stuff. We actually did really well and made £70 which funded our camping trip of the jubilee weekend. (Thanks again for that Queenie!) Leaving Paul to it I went for a little wander round and found the little jar on the right. In hindsight it does rather look a bit like a nipple?! But at the time I was blinded by excitement that I'd finally found a glass jar that didn't cost an unnecessary amount of money. A little bit of haggling and I picked this up for £2.50. Bargain! I then went to the local haberdashery store and picked up the cute baby pink polka dot ribbon for about 30p and tied it in a cute little bow. I now fill it with cotton wool pads and I think it looks great!

The jar on the left is something I pinched from work. I had to wait for all the delicious strawberry Bonbons to be eaten and the jar was mine! I took it home and filled it with my favourite nail varnishes. Not only does it look colourful it has also made some space in my nail varnish bag!

My next idea is to get another one and fill it with colourful cupcake cases!

Xxx

1 comment: