Beauty, fashion, lifestyle & food.

Sarah. 25. Southampton.


Saturday 15 June 2013

DIY Paper hanging hearts

Today I decided to be a little crafty. Truth is I'm a little short on funds so today's activity needed to be purse friendly so I decided to give these paper hanging hearts a go. I took a trip in to town to pick up some supplies. I went to one of the Charity shops and was served by the sweetest man! Anyway that's a little off the point but he really did put a smile on my face! I needed an old book and I chose 'The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz' which was 49p. I then needed to pick up some string so I went to this shop called Jeremy's Home store, it's absolutely amazing. Sells all these cute home ware bits and bobs, Emma Bridgewater products, cooking utensils...all sorts! If you're local to Tunbridge Wells or just visiting I suggest you check it out! I normally spend a good half an hour in there just having a look. I do love those shops where you look around and could find about a million things that you could actually do with but never knew you needed....if that makes sense! I picked up some brown string for 99p.


So here's what you need:


  • Hole punch
  • Scissors
  • Stapler
  • An old book
  • String
And here's what you need to do:
  • Cleanly rip a page out of the book and cut into 5 equal(ish) strips
  • Cut two of those strips about three quarters of the way down, keep the longer half and throw away the smaller half
  • Put the strips together with the smaller two on the top and bottom and the longer strips in between and staple together
  • Curl the two smaller strips round to the bottom where you stapled and hold in place
  • Curl two longer strips round also and staple all in place at the bottom
  • Cut the remaining long strip to desired length and hole punch in the middle
  • Thread the hearts onto the string
  • Repeat
VOILA!







I think this looks really cute and it was so cheap and easy to make!

Let me know what you think!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment